fbpx

The Golden Visa’s performance in January 2022 and growth in visas issued to US nationals

Your search results
Posted by Roy Weatherby on 23 February 2022
0

The Golden Visa’s performance in January 2022 and growth in visas issued to US nationals

The first month of 2022 saw overall investments in the Portugal Golden Visa amount to €48m, showing a 45% increase from January 2021. Investments in real estate numbered 75 of the total approved 94 cases (80%). The remaining 19 cases (20%) were all under the Capital Transfer options.

Investments in renovation property made up the majority at 43%, with conventional real estate lowering to just 37%, a direct result of the recent policy changes to limit this investment category to low density areas outside of the urban centres.

There were 17 residence permits issued to US nationals, a sharp increase from 3 permits in January 2021.  China led with 19 permits.

Over its 10-year history, the Golden Visa over has attracted approx. €6.15b in investment, of which real estate investments accounted for 90% or €5.17b.  In 2021, total investments amounted to €461m.

To learn how to apply for a Portuguese residence permit under the Golden Visa program, and about its many benefits including eligibility to apply for Portuguese Citizenship after 5 years, please contact the Overseas Investor.

Apply for Residency by Investment in Portugal

Please contact us if you have any questions or require further information relating to; the different Golden Visa program options available or require a personal quotation sheet for individual or family Golden Visa applications.

Alternatively, connect to our team via WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.

The Golden Visa’s performance in January 2022 and growth in visas issued to US nationals - The Overseas Investor The Golden Visa’s performance in January 2022 and growth in visas issued to US nationals - The Overseas Investor

The Overseas Investor can introduce you to our recommended Portugal Lawyer who is a Licenced Local Agent for the Residency by Investment program for Portugal. We are also here to assist each client throughout the whole legal process.

Compare Listings