Established in 1983, the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment (CBI) program is the very first to be established in the world. In the 2021 Global CBI Index published by the Financial Times the country has the highest ranking alongside Dominica and has come to be known as the Platinum Standard.
St. Kitts & Nevis has managed to maintain its prominent position due to its longevity and in recent years to its high level of efficiency. In addition to its prestige, being the most well-known program worldwide and the longstanding leader for many years, St. Kitts & Nevis CBI program benefits include visa-free travel to over 156 countries including the Schengen States, the UK (6-month stay), Hong Kong, Singapore and Russia, fast processing (2 months) and very reasonable fees for families.
In order to apply for the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment program you have too either:
- make a contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) starting at $150,000 for a single applicant or with up to 3 dependents (family of 4), and $10,000 per additional dependant. Effective January 2022, for a family of 4 the contribution amount will increase to $195,000.
- make an investment of at least $200,000 in a government approved real estate project. The property must be held for a minimum of 7 years in order to be eligible for CBI purposes for the second buyer. Government Contribution fees and Due Diligence fees apply for the real estate option.
3. make a contribution under the Alternative Investment Option (AIO) established in 2021. There are two categories of the AIO:
A Public Good Project Developer (PGPD), where the State owns the asset at the end of an agreement. These projects are fully funded by the PGPD and locked in “up front”. The minimum Unit of Investment will be USD 175,000.00. All other fees will apply as per the real estate option.
A Private Enterprise Developer (PED), where the built or funded asset is privately owned. In this option, the minimum Unit of Investment will be USD 200,000.00 and standard real estate government fees will apply.
St. Kitts & Nevis, originally known as the Federation of St. Christopher & Nevis, is made up of 2 islands with a total population of 53,199 (2020).
The total area is 270 square kilometres (104 sq mi), St. Kitts being 180 square kilometres (68 sq mi) in size Nevis being 93 square kilometres (36 sq mi) Nevis lies 3 km to the south-east of St. Kitts.
St. Kitts and Nevis is a sovereign, democratic, and federal state. It is a Commonwealth realm with the Queen as its head of state
St. Kitts & Nevis is a member of Caricom, a member of the Commonwealth of Nations and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States. The capital is Basseterre.
Originally names Liamuiga or “Fertile Land” by its original inhabitants the Kalinago,
these beautiful sister isles benefit from a mix of dark, golden and white sand beaches, lush green volcanic interior and a host of heritage sites.
The tropical climate is tempered by the constant sea breezes and there is little seasonal temperature variation with average temperatures ranging between 23°c and 28°c.
Scheduled flights arrive daily into St. Kitts Robert L. Bradshaw Int’l Airport from Miami and a number of Caribbean countries. There are several flights weekly from New Your, Charlotte and Dallas and direct flights bi-weekly from, London, the airport also offers fixed-based operator services for private jets.
Before you consider applying for the St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment program, there are a few things to be aware of. Applicants must:
- Be of outstanding character
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal record
And the benefits:
- Fast processing, with an accelerated application process
- Visa-free travel to over 156 countries
- Low investment required
- All nationalities can apply, no language requirements
- No requirement to visit for an interview
- Siblings & parents can be included
- No residency requirements
- Tax advantages if you take up residence – There is no personal income tax
For more information on the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment program, please click on the enquiry form button and complete the short enquiry form and one of our specialist advisors will be in contact.