Australian property investment can be a lucrative way to make the most out of your savings with more people now seeking advice on getting into property investment.
There are a number of options to consider when considering investing in property in a wonderful and cosmopolitan Country like Australia, such as:
- Strategy – rental income, capital appreciation or both?
- Location – where you are going to invest and why?
- Property type – completed/off plan house or apartment, land & build, commercial?
- Manage – self or use management & letting company?
- Security – guaranteed or assured rental income
- Finance – cash or mortgage?
- Tax – what are the tax implications of your investment?
In recent years the buy-to-let market has taken a few knocks, with changing tax policies and potential price rises. However, the benefits of Australian property for investment far outweigh these.
The demand for rental properties in Australia is higher than ever before with a growing need for high-quality rental accommodation ensuring a steady stream of tenants.
Due to a growing population in Australia, there is a massive housing shortage, offering great investment opportunities. Buying property in Australia offers investors the potential to enjoy good long-term capital growth as well as an excellent rental income.
Many major cities are attracting investor’s attention. However, Queensland has always been a hotspot for foreign investors looking for lower-price properties offering both high net rental returns and capital appreciation.
Many overseas and homegrown investors who are looking for lower purchase prices compared to Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane the capital of Queensland offer more affordable property prices with a higher rental yield on average from 5% upwards.
Top destinations being: 1. The Gold coast is just one hour south and 2. The Sunshine Coast just one hour North of Brisbane are continuously selling out of full turn-key new builds with the demand outweighing the supply.
Both these areas are popular and if given the chance, should be a serious contender. More affordable with just as strong options are available in the surrounding areas, Queensland is a must for the savvy investor. On many of our properties, our associates can arrange a 5% rent guard (rent back option) for 5 to 10 years!
Australian property for investment comes with a variety of options such as;
- Co-Living Property – a modern form of shared housing attracting young professionals
- House and land – a full turn-key package. On completion, you receive the keys. Your clients can move in right away
- Dual key – packaged usually as a 4, 5 or 6 bed dwelling on a single block of land, the dwelling is split into two separate homes, meaning you can rent out two properties for the price of one.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) – A new way of providing support to Australians with a disability, their family and carers. Please note; NDIS is only suitable for cash buyers who are in a position to make quick decisions as plots can be snapped up and finance is difficult to secure. You can expect to achieve yields averaging 13%.
Prices vary, as do the rental returns and assurances if any, so it is imperative you speak with a reputable agent that knows the developers, developments, locations and options available in order for you to make an informed decision on the property type and where to invest.
For more information on Property Investment please click on the enquiry form button and one of our specialist advisors will be in contact.