The Greek Golden Visa Program is considered one of the most affordable Residence by Investment (RBI) programs that provides access to Europe. Successful applicants and their families are granted a Residence Permit (RP) and will benefit from visa-free access to Europe’s Schengen Area typically within two months of applying.
If you choose to take up residence, the RP leads to citizenship after 7 years of living in Greece.
- Visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area
- No requirement to reside in Greece
- Residence permits can be acquired within 30-60 days
- Unlimited expiry date of residence permit, once you hold the property
- Opportunity to rent out the investment property
- Residence status applicable to the whole family – married spouse, children under 21 years old (initially the age of a child shouldn’t exceed 21, then he can extend till the 24th year of age), and parents of the main applicant and spouse.
- Eligibility to apply for Greek citizenship after seven years of residence (Dual citizenship is permitted)
- Ability to hold shares and receive income from the dividends of a company registered in Greece (but not to be employed in Greece)
- Education for Children of International investors
- Invest in Real Estate with a minimum property value of €250,000, plus the applicable taxes
- A 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes
- A 10-year time-sharing agreement for hotel accommodation
- A minimum capital contribution of €400,000 to a company that has its registered office or establishment in Greece
- A minimum capital contribution of €400,000 to a real estate investment company that invests exclusively in Greece
- A minimum capital contribution of €400,000 to a closed-end investment company for the acquisition of shares or to a closed-end mutual fund
In order to apply for permanent residency via the Greece Golden Visa program (Real Estate option) you would first;
- Speak with one of the Overseas Investor immigration advisers, when together, we can ascertain the most appropriate program and real estate option.
- Visit Greece and meet with our associates where you can view selected real estate that fits with your suitability.
- You will be guided by experiences immigration specialist when completing the necessary real estate and Government documentation.
- All completed documentation to support your residency and real estate application will be submitted to the Directorate of Foreign Citizens and Immigration.
- The actual processing of the application takes approximately 60 days. Following the application being submitted, the applicant receives a proof of submission, which is valid for one year and allows the holder to travel to and from Greece as often as they wish.
- Once the application is reviewed and the decision is made by the Secretary-General of the Decentralised Administration, each applicant will be notified. Applicant’s will then receive their renewable five-year residence permit which will allow you to enjoy living in Greece for a five-year period, as well as visa-free travel within the Schengen Zone.
To receive our comprehensive fact sheet and personal quotation regarding the Greek Residence by Investment program please do not hesitate to contact us.
With more than 16,000 kilometers of coastline, more than 6,000 islands and islets, and a well-established tourism industry, Greece presents a prime investment opportunity in the Tourism sector. The country is one of the top global tourism destinations for sun and beach holidays and provides attractive propositions for year-round themed holidays. The competitive advantages of Greece, such as rich cultural heritage, natural beauty and geographical variety, have been attracting significant tourism investments in recent years, thus further strengthening Greece’s image as an ideal destination both for holidays and tourism-related investments.
Greece is ranked 25th among 140 countries in the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) 2019 Travel & Tourism Competitiveness index. In addition, Greece ranks 13th for its health & hygiene, 18th for air transport infrastructure and 18th for tourist service infrastructure.
Before you consider applying for permanent residency via the Greece Golden Visa program, there are a few things to be aware of. Applicants must;
- Have a clean criminal record
- Be of outstanding character
- Not be in the list of persons whose property is frozen by the EU as a result of sanctions
- Not work in Greece
And the benefits;
- Fast processing time
- Unrestricted travel throughout Europe
- Apply for citizenship after five years
- Low investment required
- All nationalities can apply
- No requirement to visit during application
- Family can be covered by the application
- No residency requirements
- Tax benefits
For more information on the Greece Residence by Investment program, please click on the enquiry form button and complete the short enquiry form and one of our specialist advisors will be in contact.